From: Elizabeth Durr
Date: Thu, Feb 2, 2023 at 6:28 PM
Subject: Questions from a Whittier Alum
Members of the Board of Trustees,
I am a member of the class of 2019, and attended Whittier from 1998-2002. As an Alum who has wonderful memories of Whittier College, I am quite concerned by the inaction by the Board of Trustees to save our school. To be a Board member is to have the best interests of the school at heart, not to be beholden to one person.
- Why is President Oubré misrepresenting Whittier College’s long history and leadership as an HSI/MSI claiming that she brought DEI issues to the forefront?
- Why are President Oubré and Chairman Santana attempting to silence critics by dismissing genuine concerns as “noise” and sending threatening letters to their critics?
- Where is the transparency that was promised in the Board of Trustees’ letter on September 16, 2021?
“Each member of your Board of Trustees is committed to supporting this work through active engagement with the College. We are also committed to transparency and establishing policies to strengthen the College and to proudly represent Whittier in our respective professional communities.”
- What is the Board’s plan to address the enrollment crisis?
- What is the Board’s plan to rebuild trust with alumni?
Elizabeth (Holt) Durr ’19